Servier was first established in Madrid, Spain in 1957. In the 1960s the first pharmaceutical manufacturing operations started, dedicated to domestic market. In 1978, the chemical plant of Toledo was built and in 1982, the Madrid functions moved to the new site.
The Spanish ICTR (International Center of Therapeutic Research) was founded in 1986.
The pharmaceutical facility in Madrid was renovated from 2005 to 2008. The processing technology and packaging equipment was renovated. The state-of-the-art facilities and new technology ensure a high-containment of the product during main processing steps.
The plant is certified in European Registration Dossiers for current Servier Group products (Procoralan® 5 and 7.5, Valdoxan® 25, Diamicron® 60, Bipreterax® 4 and 8) allowing us to export to across the EU.
Export production began in 2015.